Even though this recipe uses a lot of ingredients it is very quick to make and unlike a risotto requires no constant stirring. Delicious was to get your 5 a day! [Shails]
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed.
- 2 carrots sliced lengthways
- 1 large red/white onion sliced
- 300g paella rice e.g. calasparra
- 1 cup white wine (optional)
- 750ml vegetable stock (use 1litre if no wine)
- 1 cup frozen peas 150g
- 1 pack (200g) green beans, ends chopped and halved
- 1 jar artichokes 250g, drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped.
- 1 tspn smoked paprika
- ½ tspn turmeric
- ½ tspn saffron threads
- ½ tspn dried chilli
- 1 tspn salt
- olive oil to drizzle
- Heat sunflower oil in a large pan or wok. Add the crushed garlic and onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add carrots, peppers, green beans and salt and sauté for a further 2minutes.
- Dissolve saffron threads in the vegetable stock and let it infuse in a separate jug.
- Add the rice, parprika, turmeric, chilli powder to the pan/wok and stir thorough ensuring all the rice is coated in the spices.
- Add the white wine and let the liquid reduce to half on a medium-low heat.
- Add the vegetable stock with saffron to the rice and reduce to a low heat, do not stir the rice.
- After 20min add the frozen peas, cherry tomatoes and artichokes, cook for a further 10minutes covering the pan with a lid or foil
- Check to see rice is fully cooked, for a caramelised bottom layer cook for a further 10minutes.
- Stir in chopped parsley and drizzle olive oil before serving.
Serve with some pan con tomate – recipe coming soon!