These delicious peppers are full of goodness and best of all carb free! Choose any of your favourite roast veggies – I went for courgettes and mushroom for this particular recipe but aubergine, carrots, pumpkin, sweet potato, artichokes would all work just as well. [Shails]
- 2 large Red Bell Peppers
- 1 small White Onion finely chopped
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Carrot
- 200g Mushrooms
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/3 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup Quinoa
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Thoroughly was the quinoa and cook as per instructions (usually takes 20 minutes).
- Whilst the quinoa is cooking, half the peppers lengthwise, remove the ribs and seeds, place on a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Place these in the oven to soften the flesh.
- Dice the carrot, courgette and mushrooms into 1cm cubes. Place these with the onion and garlic in a roasting tin with a good drizzle of olive oil and salt & pepper to taste. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes until tender.
- Mix the roast vegetables into the quinoa and stir in the feta cheese and Dijon.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and heap the quinoa vegetable mixture into the peppers. Bake these for a further 10 minutes.
Serve with a simple green salad.