This recipe is extremely simple and takes less than 20 minutes to make so please give it a try! The goats cheese melted into the caramised onion makes a delicious combination. [Shails]
Makes 20 Crostinis
- 1 White Baguette – long
- 1 Red Onion – medium sized, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 heaped tsp Brown Sugar
- Salt / Black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 100g Goats Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a small pan
- Add the sliced onion and soften for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add black pepper, sugar and balsamic vinegar and reduce to a jam like substance, stirring to ensure the onion does not stick to the pan. Turn off the heat
- Cut the baguette in to ½ inch discs. Assemble on a baking tray with drizzle of olive oil. Warm the slices in the preheated oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spoon mixture evenly between the slices and add a small chunk of goats cheese to the middle until it is all used.
- Return the crostinis to the oven for 2min until the goats cheese has melted into the bread.
Serve warm as canapés or as an accompaniment to salad or soup.